Company Growth by acquisition can be an excellent option for many companies looking to expand geographic footprint and increase profitability. Incorporating the existing customer base, revenue flow, equipment fleet and an established brand of a selling entity can create many synergies for an expanding business when the price and terms of the acquisition are right.
The Stansberry Firm has extensive experience in not only helping business owners improve operations practices and cash flow with company expansion as a goal, but also has extensive experience in representing acquirers in acquisitions. We have completed over 100 business transactions with enterprise value of over $1B and know how to identify the best acquisition candidates and negotiate fair and reasonable transaction terms.
The Stansberry Firm wants to get to know you, as the business owner, and learn about your business. Likewise, it is important for you to get to know us, our qualifications and our experience.
- Expansion goals: Maybe you seek an expanded geographic footprint, into a trade area you are not familiar with or maybe you wish to gain market share in your current trade area. We want to understand your specific company goals in order to identify the most valuable target companies available for acquisition.
- To Buy or Not to Buy: In some instances, acquisition is not the best course of action for company expansion. If we feel acquisition is not the best option for you, we will be frank and explain why it may not make sense for you at this time and, suggest what other strategies could help properly position the company for on-going growth, such as a green-field start or implementing additional sales efforts.
Acquiring an on-going business
As your business sale representative, The Stansberry Firm provides you with a turn-key service in concert with your accountants and attorneys:
- Approach potential sellers: Many times, the best companies are not “for sale.” We are very familiar with hundreds of rental companies throughout the US and have established relationships with many. We can help you approach target companies you have already identified or can suggest potential targets you may not have considered and open a line of comfortable communication.
- Valuation, Presentation and Negotiation of Offer: We will gather the data from the potential seller, evaluate the operation and develop valuation parameters. We can draft the offer and present to the seller in the best possible light. Our extensive transaction experience allows us to identify any potential obstacles and present alternatives that can work for both sides.
- Coordinate Due Diligence through closing day: Once an offer is accepted, we remain actively involved in coordinating the due diligence process and negotiating the terms of definitive agreements including purchase agreements, real estate leases, employment agreements and non-compete agreements. Our efforts on your behalf continue until the sale is finalized.
Typically, buy-side representation consulting is unique to each acquirer’s situation. We are flexible in our service offerings; we can offer full representation service, or just help on a particular aspect of the transaction. Please contact us to discuss your specific needs.